I have some of the design applied and the "belt" fixed into place, I need to touch up with black paint and red paint. The cut outs, though cool, were a little more of a challenge to fix on the surface but I'm getting there. Today the "teeth", which I plan on using apoxy clay to blend them into place. They are kinda heavy so I may end up using some sort of base to keep him from falling on his face....lol.
Got off to a slow start, a little scared to cut into this thing. However
once I started the ideas came rolling in. Here are a few things I'm
working with, in particular is a set of teeth which go into the head
with a little apoxy clay to smooth the transition and some totally
awesome skull and leather buckels from a pair of boots.
I just finished this altered book, a bit of a challenge since some of these books are in such bad shape and somewhat fragile. That of course is what makes them so cool. In this one I used all vintage paper some of it 100 years old, mixed with found objects.
Just starting a new project, Munnys for a plastic show at Next gallery, should be fun, got some ideas. I like working with different materials. I'm thinking about whether I should make one in the spirit of kidrobot or just my style, so many possibilities. These little suckers are easier to get apart than they are to get together again finally had to warm them up.